Re: [MGB Kingpin in MGA (and other shocking topics)

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: [MGB Kingpin in MGA (and other shocking topics)
From: Stan Hanks <stan@tta.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:31:32 -0800
> A Triumph is one of the very last
> cars you want to have to throw sideways to scrub off speed, and every lap,
> doing 110 mph into the downhill hairpin, I had fleeting thoughts of mortality
> and a passing wonder at why I was subjecting myself to all of this.

Oh come on now.... Back In the Day, no one objected to that. Then again,
it may be because they didn't have "sissy cars" with power vented disk
brakes and sticky tires.

I thought the whole point of vintage racing was to recapture some of
that feel from when you could drive to the track, tape your headlights,
take off the bumpers and have a podium finish with a pretty much stock
car.

Vintage Racing -- Old Cars. Old Guys. The Old Way.

Stan

'58 356A cab with DRUM brakes