Discs or drums

To: Vintage Race <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Discs or drums
From: Mike <Michael_Gee@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:31:06 -0800
Listers,
Thanks to all of you who caught me on the XKE brakes. My memories are
now clouded with the residue of Castrol R  However, that was not the
purpose of my comment.  I mentioned the special tracks with altitude
differences,  and the fact that drum brakes (or ancient poor discs) are
not as safe as modern discs in the current vintage racing world.  I'm
still sticking to my proposal that if a driver wants to  upgrade to
discs for a car that did not have them as original equipment,  then
local vintage authorities should allow them for safety purposes.
Safety for the driver, other drivers, and flag personnel is of prime
importance.
Bring on Round 2.
Cheers,
Mike