having a driver's suit tailored?

To: "vintage-race" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: having a driver's suit tailored?
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:48:15 -0400
yup!  i'm going to ask this silly question!  and here is why!
does anyone, or can anyone "take in" or "alter" a driver's suit that is too
large ?  (i'm, looking for a professional refrence here , not implying that
i just go and have anyone do this!)
a year ago in january i weighed 453lbs!  sad but true!  april 24th i had
gastric bypass surgery and combined with weight loss prior to surgery and
the 84lbs i have lost since surgery i'm at the 300lb mark right now(i have
aprox. another 100lbs to go yet!).
last season my drivers suit fit very snugly....ok tight as a darn glove!
now it's so large that my 6yr old son could get into it with me and there
would still be room in it to breathe!   there is nothing wrong with my suit
other than it's huge on me.   i'd love to have it taken a bit for now untill
i get to my goal weight .   at that point , then i'll order a new suit that
will fit the new me.   you guys will see what i mean at the glen!
it looks like i'm wearing someone's one man tent!  lol!

chuck
orange 1960 saab #25
now i just might get to go a "little" faster being a little lighter? (yeh
right who am i kidding !  i'm driving a saab!  lol!)