Wetting Down Nomex

To: "'MHKitchen@aol.com'" <MHKitchen@aol.com>, racerbob70@yahoo.com,
Subject: Wetting Down Nomex
From: "Ryan, Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 18:53:32 -0700
I do this too.  Some times on pre-grid I will pour a small bottle of water
inside my driver's suit (down my chest and down my back).  In California's
dry air it works great.

QUESTION

Occasionally, I have been told this is a very dangerous thing to do.  If I
was in a fire, the water in the nomex would turn to steam and burn me.

Does anybody know for certain, is this true or an urban legend?

Dick Ryan  ex. 24022
(650)312-4022
Risk Management Dept.
SM 960/4
FAX (650)312-5830

In a message dated 8/29/2002 3:00:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,