Re: Wetting Down Nomex

To: RRyan@frk.com, MHKitchen@aol.com, racerbob70@yahoo.com,
Subject: Re: Wetting Down Nomex
From: Rmvr53@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 22:14:32 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/02 7:55:32 PM Mountain Daylight Time, RRyan@frk.com
writes:

<< Occasionally, I have been told this is a very dangerous thing to do.  If I
 was in a fire, the water in the nomex would turn to steam and burn me.

 Does anybody know for certain, is this true or an urban legend?

True...be just like a steam bath...Heard story of a guy that got out of the
fire with a singhed suit but he ahd wet down his tops/bottoms of his
underware...3rd degree burns on his body because of the steam...no water..no
burns..

If you have to wear something, get a kool coller or something similar.
Another thought is to put a kool coller in your crotch..that will keep you
cool as well and fits without fouling the helmet.

Bill (F)