wet underwear

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: wet underwear
From: Gonridn2@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:10:14 EDT
Both arguments are valid, they are just different arguments.  Wet cloth
ignites less rapidly than dry (but it feels better).  BUT we are not talking
about underwear ignition since it is under a fireproof suit, the burning will
come from the steam generated when wet underwear is heated.  Another question
for the mix, Nomex does not soak up sweat as well as other fireproof
underwear such as Firewear.  Would sweat absorbing cloth be better or worse?
If it doesn't absorb the sweat, you now have water on the skin to steam?  We
could go a long way here without definitive answers but I'm glad we have a
forum for this discussion so we can all make our own decisions to be
comfortable with.

Troy
PS   Great link to the Wright head-restraint device!