Re: leakdown test

To: Gonridn2@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: leakdown test
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@netins.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 16:16:47 -0600
I would think that leakage out the exhaust would indicate warped exhaust
valves.??

On a watercooled Supervee (14.3 to 1) I get about 4% leakage with the motor
cold.  I have never tried it like you should, with the motor warmed to
operating temperature.  My opinion is that 7% to 9% is fine.  I'm sure you
will get other opinions.

Greg Scharnberg
Des Moines, IA
82 Ralt RT5