Re: leakdown test

To: <Gonridn2@aol.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: leakdown test
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 17:27:49 -0500
out the exhaust?  i'd vote for a valve job if the components are
salvageable.    overheating does (if severe enough) cause rings to loose
their spring tension (the heat makes them relax a bit).   why not just
freshen it up with bearings and rings and treat it to a fresh valve job?
bet that takes you through this season.

chuck.