Re: FS: Lotus Seven LSB 2325

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FS: Lotus Seven LSB 2325
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 13:13:26 -0700 (MST)
Yes, this is the car that Jim brought back with him from England back
in the late 60s.  Jim is actually one of my brewing buddies here in
Salt Lake City.  Trust me, if I had $6500 to spend on cars this Lotus
would be in my shop right now and not available for sale.  It has been
tweaked in various configurations for quite some time.  I drove it
at an autocross once or twice when it had a rotary in it, what a hoot!
The car has been an autocross only car for quite some time, and a few
years back Jim almost got a D Mod national title in it, but his fellow
competitors, who seemed like such nice fellows during the season, hit
him with a protest after the first day in Kansas about his car being
too modified for the modified class.  He moved a frame rail to fit the
Cosworth motor in a better spot.  That protest soured Jim on SCCA Solo for
quite some time, though he did have the car out a few times last year.
He's already sold the Cosworth motor, I think.

Given the bare minimum brakes and light weight components and such, the
car would not last long during a road race session with IVR out at Wendover.
Jim would like to get something he can run out there with us, that may be
one factor in his decision to sell.

Hmmm, I may see Jim at brewing tonight, perhaps I'll try to talk him
into an easy payment plan, or maybe throw a road race Spitfire into the
deal.

mjb.