Re: Action Photo

To: jrhill@chorus.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Action Photo
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 11:15:10 EST
In a message dated 3/8/03 9:22:43 PM Pacific Standard Time, jrhill@chorus.net
writes:

> Would the fellow you're looking for be the one who took photos at Blackhawk
> Farms back in the early 70's? I have a number of photos taken by the "track
> photographer" when I was racing a Formula Ford there.
>
> Jim Hill
> Madison WI
>

> Probably was the same guy. Do you know his name?

We all used to get these little "proofs" in the mail about a week after a
race. They had ACTION, Ltd. stamped on the face so theoretically you couldn't
use them and would buy bigger versions. Most of my low buck friends and I
just put the little pictures in the scrapbook and used the money we saved to
buy racing supplies. I guess we should have spent more money with the poor
guy.

Now when people are looking for old race car photos we wish we had access to
his negatives.

The lesson is to support race photographers by paying for their services.

Jack Woehrle