Formula Ford engine?

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Formula Ford engine?
From: VEENET@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 01:45:42 EST
Greetings,
A week ago Sunday while taking advantage of the "free" test day at
Thunderhill, the crankshaft in my Lola formula ford decided it had had enough
and tried to escape through the block. It didn't work. Catastrophic failure.
Major melt down. Rats !
I guess it wasn't free after all.
So anyone know of an engine for sale? Perhaps just a short block? Preferably
an uprated engine (block) ? A good rebuildable engine would be fine too.
Don't need any of the external stuff. Oil pump, tach drive, dist. etc...
Anyone want to trade me an engine and some cash for a 1969 Jag XKE coupe?
Just wondering..
Thanks..
Jerry Burr
Berkeley Ca