Re: Who Has Their Original Race Car?

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Who Has Their Original Race Car?
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:02:58 EST
It occurred to me that I started racing in 1973 at Westwood BC, and that I
still have my first (though not only) race car, a 1958 MGA. I've owned it
since 1970 (a few months less than I've had my girlfriend/pit crew/wife; I
think the warranty ran out on both years ago....)

I haven't run the last couple of years due to press of other matters, but I
should really try to get out for a race at SIR for my 30th anniversary season.

Does anyone else still have the first car they ever raced in?

One thought that makes you stop and think - when I bought the MG in 1970 it
was only 12 years old (and I was 18). My daily driver today is a 1988 model,
3 years older than the MG was when I got it!

Keep telling me - 'We're not getting older, we're just getting more
experienced"

Bill Spohn
(whose pit crew hates it when he refers to her as his 'first wife')