Re: Question about HSR

To: pat@prismacars.com, tr6nut@sbcglobal.net, dereklola@yahoo.com,
Subject: Re: Question about HSR
From: Tombread@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:25:27 EST
Warren writes:

It occurred to me that I started racing in 1973 at Westwood BC, and that I
still have my first (though not only) race car, a 1958 MGA. I've owned it
since 1970 (a few months less than I've had my girlfriend/pit crew/wife; I
think the warranty ran out on both years ago....)

Well, I've wondered for years what happened to my first two race cars, and if
anyone knows:

#1 was an MGA with Pepsi sponsorship painted on the sides and blue/red
livery; it had right side damage, acquired in an SCCA national at IRP in
1972.  I gave the car to my mechanic, the late, great Steve Schern to dispose
of in Indianapolis so we could concentrate on our MGB.  I have tried to track
the car, as well as #2, the blue MGB with chromed 3rd member and
factory-supplied Huffaker bits, which I sold in Connecticut in 1976.

One likes to suppose these missing children are still being raced by doting
parents.

Tom Butters

The Greens Fork Group
Communication Counselors