Who has their original race car?

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Who has their original race car?
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:23:01 EST
Ooops...meant to post this to the list..but it went astray...

Subj:   Re: Who Has Their Original Race Car?
Date:   3/13/2003
To: <A HREF="mailto:WSpohn4@aol.com";>WSpohn4@aol.com</A>

In a message dated 3/13/2003 9:04:41 AM Pacific Standard Time,
WSpohn4@aol.com writes:

> Does anyone else still have the first car they ever raced in?

Bill:

Well, I have the car I originally raced in, but that wasn't in the 60's, my
vintage racing started in the 80's  (almost old enough to be Vintage Vintage,
or is that Vintage Historic?).

But, one of our friends and fellow CA racers here is John Kerby Miller.  John
is still racing BOTH the 50 something Porsche speedster he raced in the 50's
AND his 1965, ex Bill Stroppe, African Safari Comet Caliente that he SCCA
raced in the 60's.  He has quite a photo history of this car, going from
factory African Safari Rally car, to SCCA racer, to their everday
grocery-getter, and then restoration BACK to full-time race car.  One of my
favorite pics of it is waist deep in Tahoe snow on a ski trip with snow tires
on it and skiis on the top, still in its original blue/white/orange factory
livery!

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128