Original Race Cars

To: Vintage Race <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Original Race Cars
From: Mike <Michael_Gee@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:14:59 -0800
My original race car was a street model TR Spitfire that I drove back
and forth to the track.  That was in the mid-60's at Westwood,
coincidentally..
 Later I graduated to a Cooper-Climax, a sports racer with an extensive
history that I'm just learning about.  I knew it only as a Cooper
Special that was pre-owned by two others.  The first owner had a Porsche
engine installed much like Lovely's Pooper in Seattle.  It didn't do too
well with that configuration.  The Climax 1100cc replaced it, and it
performed much better.  After a few years or racing I parked it in my
mechanic's garage and went to university.  A year or two later my
mechanic sold it, and where it went after that is a mystery.

http://www.ugofadini.com/cooperstory2.html

You can read about its history as a speed record holder in the UK and at
Monza in the late 50's.  All of this was news to me recently when I
started to search for it.  I only need to know where it is now, and its
history will be complete.
Incidentally, the only original car I have is a 74 Maverick which has
been in the family since 1973.  This car has never been raced.  It
spends most of the time beng fixed. ;-)