Re:Re: Use of Weight Scales in Vintage Racing Events Techs -

To: JWoesvra@aol.com
Subject: Re:Re: Use of Weight Scales in Vintage Racing Events Techs -
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 23:25:42 GMT
So it sounds like I would have to have the car weighed and any necessary
ballast added before I go.  I think I understood that you would not be weighing
every car as it goes through tech, just on a random basis.

Anyone in the Houston area know where I would go to get my car weighed?

I don't have statistics on this, but from my corner working days and as a racer
my impression is that in CVAR we have rarely had a problem with flat batteries
causing track delays.  I guess it is almost as humiliating (for the driver) as
running out of gas, so they've avoided it.  And then you've got the extra
policing to ensure it works!  (See "the belt came off" and "you don't actually
have to wire it" comment someone else made.)  I think the FV guys are required
to have an alternator, for example, but I also understand that they are all
gutted.  I'm not vociferously against installing alternators, I'll do it if I
have to.  I just rather not deal with another system and another moving part if
I can get away with it.

Frankly, non-starting cars in my Group are usually the result of those g*%d#%@
gear reduction starters failing (happened to me twice) or the Lucas ones
displaying their characteristic "hot start" failure.

David Littlefield.

---------- JWoesvra@aol.com writes:

You and everyone else will be accepted. If you read and understand the SVRA
rules, if the specified items are missing you will have to make up the
weight.

However, I would strongly recommend to CVAR that they encourage charging
systems of some sort.