Re: Use of Charging Systems

To: JWoesvra@aol.com, dmeadow@juno.com, Jeff_Warner@ssa-sa.sel.sony.com
Subject: Re: Use of Charging Systems
From: NELIUS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:37:28 EST
In a message dated 3/19/03 2:13:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, JWoesvra@aol.com
writes:

<< However, I would strongly recommend to CVAR that they encourage charging
 systems of some sort. The main reason is that cars are more reliable on the
 track when they have a fully charged system. We have gone through a period
 where cars would harmlessly spin, kill the engine and not be able to
restart,
 causing a disruption of the session. We have also had cars not able to even
 crank on the grid because of low battery voltage. >>

There is another downside of not using a charging system for those using ABM
Transponders.  If the system voltage drops below 9 volts, there is a high
risk that the transponder will not be detected.

Neil Harmon
SVRA T&S