Re: Dual Porker

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, PaceCars@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dual Porker
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:08:49 EST
Lou Fageol also built a twin-Porsche-engined road racer in the 1950s, with a
4-cyl in each end. And yes, it spun like a top (and was later totaled)!
Harold
In a message dated 3/31/03 8:52:55 AM, WSpohn4@aol.com writes:

<< In a message dated 31/03/03 8:10:38 AM Pacific Standard Time, PaceCars
writes:

> HI BILL,
> There was an article on the car in an old issue of Panorama that I have
> somewhere around here. The builder was a Porsche enthusiast, but teething
> problems doomed the effort. As I recall the article described a trip to his
> old garage, where they found some of the parts, but not the complete car

Twin engined race cars always make me think we are dealing with a creative
(or maybe diseased) mind.

Remember the Deep Sandersons with Mini engines at each end?

I should think that throttle synchronisation would be the biggest challenge.
I can't help but imagine myself at, say, SIR, in Big Indy, just a fraction of
a MPH away from losing it, when one of the engines has a throttle cable slip,
or swallows a valve, or...... the result would at least be spectacular, when
you lost drive at just one end!

Bill