Re: Dual Porker

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dual Porker
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:28:05 EST
In a message dated 31/03/03 12:08:49 PM Pacific Standard Time, PaceCars
writes:

> Lou Fageol also built a twin-Porsche-engined road racer in the 1950s, with a
> 4-cyl in each end. And yes, it spun like a top (and was later totaled)!
> Harold

Odd sorts of "push-me-pull-you" - always thought the Fiat 500 Multipla would
have been a good candidate for not knowing which way it was going.

We had one guy that did this sort of thing to a Volkswagen, but he screwed up
in the planning and didn't flip the transaxle for the front engine in the
right manner.

Boy genius fired up both engines and I don't recall if the result was that it
tried to back into itself, or if it tried to go in two different directions,
but it was reputed to be hilarious in any case.

Bill