RE: 1967 Triumph GT6

To: "Charles Turvey" <Turvey_C@msn.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1967 Triumph GT6
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 21:36:16 -0700
Charles,

In the US, most folks ran the GT6 in SCCA.  That said, the SCCA Production
Car Specifications (PCS) did not recognise weber carbs as acceptable carbs
for a GT6 in Production class racing (E or D production).  If one had showed
up at a late 60's SCCA race with a weber-equipped GT6, they would have to
had run in a Sports-racing class (and would have had their clock cleaned!!).
I have heard that one of the Group 44 GT6 cars (post-Grp44) was run in a few
IMSA events with webers, but I have no written proof of that.  Your best bet
is to contact the FIA or British auto racing clubs and see if their rules
would have allowed webers - or find another vintage racing club to race with
that will "look the other way" and allow them.

Hope this helps,

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6 (current)