1967 Triumph GT6

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1967 Triumph GT6
From: "Charles Turvey" <Turvey_C@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 09:29:09 -0700
Hi, I have sent this email before but I wasn't a member and therefore could
not receive any replys.  I am now setup to receive replys and ask the
following:
I have a 1967 Triumph GT6 setup for racing with triple Weber carburettors, as
per SAH Stage 4.  The club I am racing with (CSRG) here in Northern California
only allow period-correct modifications that were offered as options by the
car's manufacturer or were listed by a recognized sanctioning body (FIA, SCCA,
etc.)  for racing in production and GT classes, for any year through the end
of 1967.  Do you have any information if GT6s were raced with Webers?  Do you
have any information when the GT6 was homologated and if there are any FIA
papers for this car?  Any help you can give me would be greatly appreicated.
CSRG have given me a waiver for a couple of races but have told me to replace
the Webers with either SUs or Strombergs to make it period correct. I am
trying to find out if the GT6 was raced anywhere in the World (upto the end of
1967) with Webers so that they will reconsider.
Cheers Charles