Re: Oil cooler

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil cooler
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:05:21 EDT
In a message dated 23/09/2003 10:42:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rowman22001@yahoo.com writes:

> Someone on this list modified their car to mount the
> oil cooler lower, by cutting some metal out of that
> front horizonal panel, but I can't remember who it
> was...  Looked like a really tidy job.

I mount my cooler behind a rectangular hole cut below the MGA grille, the
same width and with a 'bar' in the middle for strength, that follows the line
of
the grille bar. The height of the hole is the same as the bumper depression,
and it looks fairly decent, and gives the cooler it's own supply of air.

It can be seen at
http://www.rhodo.citymax.com/albums/album_image/112402/52168.htm

(along with wife and rare special tuning T shirt...) Click on picture to see
other toys.

Bill