Re: 2.0 liter Porsches?

To: RaceWRTR@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2.0 liter Porsches?
From: Rmvr53@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:04:37 EDT
In a message dated 10/23/2003 9:34:45 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
RaceWRTR@aol.com writes:
By a strange set of circumstances I find myself building an old short
wheelbase (1968) Porsche 911 to take vinatge racing. My question, after some
measure
of research is this: Is there anybody who is running a 911 that DOESN'T have
huge RSR type flares, front and rear spoilers and a 2.7, 2.9 or even
3.2-liter
engine? I really like how the early cars looked when the ran in the Trans-am
(no flares, no spoilers, skinny tires), but is there anybody who is doing
this
(and therefore undoubtedly running at the back of the grid)? If so please
contact me so that I can ask you some questions about what works and what
doesn't.
RMVR has classes for pre 68 and post to 72 .. 67 and back cars are built to
the 67 GCR (no flares) and later cars can build to the 72 GCR (flares)

Bill F
RMVR