Track Day at Thunderhill Feb 15

To: "'vintage-race@autox.team.net'" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Track Day at Thunderhill Feb 15
From: "Ryan, Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:07:32 -0800
The Golden Gate Lotus Club has a few openings for their open track day at
TH.

Track days are a good way to test and prep race cars.  They are also fun if
you want to take your street car out and play for a while.

GGLC provides so much track time that by 2PM or 3PM most people are tired
enough to quit then and not stay any later.

Contact info is below.

Dick Ryan  650-312-4022  (24022)
Director of Risk Management
Franklin Templeton Investments
One Franklin Parkway  960/4
San Mateo, CA 94403-1906
Fax 650-312-5830  (25830)

> WE STILL HAVE PLENTY OF SLOTS AVAILABLE FOR OUR NEXT TRACK DAY AT
THUNDERHILL
> ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 15TH.   Please come out and support the GGLC's maximum
> track time and minimum hassle format.   We're not doing this for profit,
but
> hate to lose money and would like to continue running events like this.
Just
> think of what a great post-Valentine's Day gift it will be for your best
> lover.
>

> The Golden Gate Lotus Club is will be staging it's next track event at
> Thunderhill Raceway on SUNDAY February 15th. You do not need to own a
Lotus to
> attend this event. Cost is $190 per car for GGLC members and $215 for
> nonmembers. Additional drivers sharing a car are $50 each. If you would
like
> lunch provided, include another $7/meal and tell me what kind of sandwich
> you'd like. We are restricting the entries to 50 cars maximum. You can pay
> through paypal at our website or print the entry and mail it in with a
check.
> Please enter early to insure you get a spot. Entry forms are available at
> www.gglotus.org <http://www.gglotus.org/>

People who signed up for our cancelled Sears Point event last month will be
offered a $20 discount for this event only. If you did sign up for Sears
Point and would like to apply that fee to the February event, the send a
message to trackday@fusiontechnology.com
<mailto:trackday@fusiontechnology.com>  and let me know. Because of the
different price and discount, we'll cut you a check for the difference at
the track.

We will be running the same format as our past events with 2 groups. Group A
will have open passing, and group B will have restricted passing. All
drivers with more than 5 track days experience will be allowed to go out in
both groups for no extra charge if they like. It is essential that everyone
observes the passing rules of the group that is on-track. Details of the
passing rules are available at www.gglotus.org <http://www.gglotus.org/>
YOU MUST READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE RULES BEFORE ARRIVING AT THE TRACK.

Some instructors will be available to help inexperienced drivers. Although
instruction will be offered, it's essentially on an informal basis and up to
the individual drivers to request assistance. First timers will be required
to drive the first session with an instructor in the passenger seat.

Open top cars must have a roll bar. Factory installed roll bars are OK. Open
wheeled cars will be allowed.

Team headquarters for the event will be at the Golden Pheasant Inn in
Willows. The hotel is offering a discounted rate. You can call them at
530-934-4603 and mention the Golden Gate Lotus Club.

W are running a "self tech" inspection where you, the driver, are solely
responsible for the safety of your car.

If you are interested in this or future track events, you must send a
message to gglctrackeventsinfo-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:gglctrackeventsinfo-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>  to keep yourself
updated of all the details. You can send questions to
trackday@fusiontechnology.com <mailto:trackday@fusiontechnology.com>