re enclosed trailer

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re enclosed trailer
From: Wavslav@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 01:12:59 EST
I bought a 24" pace American Shadow last March for $6300 with a bare interior
and 7000# gross wt.
I'd recommend  a 10,000 gross to give a little room since my Vette weighs
2800 dry.
The fully loaded models were going for over $11000 with Aluminum wallss, work
bench, roll away and compressor box.

I painted mine with a dark floor and bright walls and mounted an 8 drawer
Craftsman roll away, with the casters removed.

You can go wild with all the little aluminum wall mountable storage devices,
I have a rack to hang my straps on when I'm backing the car down, and a 2
helmet bay storage rack, and I keep meaning to buy a rack for oil cans and a
paper
towel/ hand cleaner station, and tire racks to put above the car so I can
nail my temples on it and bleed whenever I walk around the car.

Ebay has good prices on trailers, and accessories.
If your car is very low to the ground you may need extended ramps, I made my
front splitter removable so I can get the car back up the ramps, (Opps
vintage, you guys don't have ground effects) I have slept on an air matress in
mine
and been happy
 but If I did it again I would want the kind of door handles that Haulmark
uses with a handle on the inside and outside,  the Pace can only be secured
from
outside and I have a fear of getting locked in by one of my smart ass
buddies, (You'll never get out of a roof vent)

I bought a winch for $60 at Kragen and I clip it to a D ring and a jump box
and it pulls my car up the ramp. No need for fancy winch installations. This
works great!

Good Luck
Evan