More on Safety Braker

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: More on Safety Braker
From: Dick Sparta <dick_sparta@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 10:05:50 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for all the interesting comments, which ranged from it's no good to it's
very good.  My friend found some old instructions and they have "SCCA Approved"
and the SCCA emblem on several pages, as well as a recommendation from Bob
Bondurant.  It also claims "the SAFETY BRAKER has earned the unqualified
acceptance of the Sports Car Club of America".

Reading the fine print it appears to work best when there is some brake
condition such as out of round drum, warped disc, etc.  I'm guessing the
"pulsations" would have a tendency to minimize the brake grab in these
circumstances.

Dick