Trailer Tire Wear

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Trailer Tire Wear
From: "Karnopp, Roger J" <roger.j.karnopp@lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:12:26 -0500
Hello Vintage Racers,

I have a 22 foot enclosed tag trailer with the typical tandem rubber
torsion type suspension axles.  When fully loaded up with car and gear
it weighs over 8K pounds.  The trailer came with a load range C tires
and I have since upgraded to a load range D.  The first set of tires
didn't last 20K miles due to the tires inside edge (inside 2 inches)
wearing out early.  The second set is better but I still have more wear
on the inside edges on all four tires. The front two ties are worse than
the rear two and  I keep the tires inflated 65 to 70 pounds.  Anyone
have related experiences and what can be checked.

Roger Karnopp
1972 Titan FF
Day 651-456-2306