vtr

Re: Age Related Discounts / Younger Owners (was: Further inducement to g

To: kmr@pil.net, Bristol7@aol.com, mporter@zianet.com, vtr@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, 2000-register@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Age Related Discounts / Younger Owners (was: Further inducement to get you all to the 2001 convention...)
From: "John Vance" <biggooner@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 13:23:54 -0400
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
Kai,

Sorry man, couldn't agree less. How "young" people choose to enjoy their
Triumphs is somewhat irrelevant - shouldn't we simply encourage patronage of
the marque to ensure its continuance? Tenuous link from street racing to
discounts for entry to classic car events. TR6 or Civic - I don't think your
average hot rodder would find any thing of interest at the average British
Car event (whatever their age). But as a way to encourage real support for
the marque among younger drivers and as a way to show them what is really
entailed in looking after their piece of history I think discounted entry to
events is a splendid idea. Inclusion rather than exclusion may be a better
approach. And to get around the "ageism" how about a 1st-year-owner
discount/free entry?

Never realised that I was supposed to prove to anyone that I was worthy of
owning a Triumph. Is there a test we need to take?

John Vance
West Chester, PA