vtr

RE: TR2 Bonnet Prop Rod Question

To: <Chip19474@aol.com>, <vtr@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR2 Bonnet Prop Rod Question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 09:05:54 -0700
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
> Do the early TR2's (Long Doors) use a plate fixed to the front  apron
> (similar to the TR3's) to support the bottom end of the bonnet prop  rod?

According to my factory Spare Parts Catalogue, even the earliest cars with the
cable operated bonnet latches had a plate to support the prop rod, and engage
the safety catch.  The plate is quite a bit different than the later cars, has
no spring or push-up rod, and the change to the later style happened before the
change to short doors.

> We don't have photos or enough info from the Bill
> Piggott  books

I would strongly suggest you get a copy of the SPC.  TRF has new reprints, or
they come up on eBay from time to time.  I saw one yesterday, I think, it might
still be there.  It's not always definitive, but in most cases it gives a great
deal of detail as to exact change points for the early TRs.

Randall

///
///  vtr@autox.team.net mailing list
///  Send list postings to vtr@autox.team.net