[6pack] MOSS QUICK RACK?

John Mc john.mcmaster at netspeed.com.au
Fri Jan 28 19:45:41 MST 2011

Hi,

With all this talk of the Moss quick rack, I seem to recall that there used to
be a 7 tooth rack pinion for
sale, effectively making a "quick rack" over the standard 6 tooth pinion.  As
I was converting a LHD to RHD at
the time, I used a 2500 sedan rack on my '6 (same rack) but I'm not sure if
the standard TR6 rack used a 6 or
7 tooth pinion - the sedan rack was definitely a 6 tooth one?  Can anyone
confirm what it should be and if the
Moss qucik rack uses it (7 tooth) or something different?

Thanks,

John McMaster
71 TR6 PI
76 Dolomit Sprint