[6pack] battery cutoff

dave n sumton at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 10 10:29:47 MST 2012

hi.  I have a couple of those green thumbscrew cutoff switches for the
batteries of a couple cars.

they don't seem to work ideally.

the other night I went to a drive through atm to deposit a check.  of course I
pulled up nice and close.  turned the car off while I was making the deposit.
went to start the car.  got a momentary hit then everything went dark.  so I
had to climb out because I couldn't open the door, push the car away from the
machine, open the hood, unscrew it, and screw it back in.  started up and
drove off.  most embarrassing!

that sort of thing happens occasionally with both cars that have it.

I think I should upgrade <grin>

recommendations?

thanks!