[6pack] DOT 5 leads to hydraulic component failures

Robert trsix74 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 10 08:40:19 MST 2013

Did the originator of this issue completely replace all components and flush
the lines before changing over to dot 5. Maybe I missed it, but looking back
through the thread I could not find where that was substantiated. A simple
flush without changing any contaminated rubber parts will lead to cross
contamination, therefor brake failure. And when I say completely, I mean
absolutely 100% with multiple alchohol flush of the lines. Just my two cents
worth.