[6pack] Prince of Darkness at sea?

Mark Hooper mhooper at indiefilmnet.com
Wed Feb 20 07:43:46 MST 2013

Hi Lou:

I think I heard reference to the fire burning up the "electrical switching
system", leaving them unable/afraid to use much of the equipment. Sounds
like an amazingly un-redundant piece of redundancy to me. Wonderful design,
very much Prince of Darkness.

As for ship movements; I find it hard to imagine that the captain made any of
these decisions on his own following the fire. With the world watching, it
must have been the upper echelons and the maritime authorities calling the
shots. I suspect that none of the closer cities wanted the possibility of
this thing coming ashore broadside and capsizing, a la Costa Concordia.
Whether it was lilely or not, other ports may have refused entry.

Mark