[6pack] Floorpan replacement and Rust repair quote...

James_ jattr6 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 26 10:59:51 MDT 2015

So to follow up on this topic...
Has anyone replaced the full floor pan? Meaning, not just leaving an edge of the old pan to weld to and leaving the flat side that gets spot welded to the inner sill or rocker panel?
I looked carefully under the car and the passenger side has indeed been replaced before and they left the original lip or flat side intact and then welded on top of it.
I suspect this is because that may be difficult to get to and maybe a body off is the only way to properly replace.
I really rather replace the entire floor pan. Is it possible w/o lifting the body off?
I signed up for a welding class (there goes my summer Saturday afternoons-that was painful to do given the amazing summers oregon has)
In any case it sounds like a pain of a job to complete a replacement of my pans.
Mine are in rough shape and doubtful I'd have a good lip to weld to and I'd hate to cut/butcher my beautiful new pans.

Cheers

James