[6pack] Won’t start

James_ jattr6 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 4 19:50:26 MDT 2018

Ok, and just like that it decides to start up. But runs like crap. I can see smoke from the tailpipe now where prior to my issues I never saw any smoke.
So is something in the cylinders messed up now? I have new plugs and wires. I even disconnected one wire and placed a spare plug just to confirm I had a spark. I do.

Maybe the carbs are even more messed up but I thought I had them tuned well. But the engine was hot.
The choke (even though properly measured/adjusted) seems to now make the car run horrible. So I have to push it mostly off.
The carbs are adjusted about 1.75 turns from full rich. Idle screws are mostly loosened because I needed to while adjusting/syncing the two.

I guess the next step is a compression test to see if I have a dead cylinder. Ugh. No... still doesn’t explain why no spark at the plugs and magically now I do.

It’s never easy... tired of ‘character building’ obstacles.

—Sent from my Atari 2600—