[Alpines] Weber question

Bill Mounce bmounce at rcn.com
Tue Jul 14 15:50:08 MDT 2009

Hello all

I wish to thank everyone (i.e. Rich, Ron, Julian, Tom, DW, Rick at SS, etc-
sorry to make this sound like the Academy Awards!) who took the time to help
me with the Weber problem.  Jets being cheap, I ordered up .60, .65, .70 and
.75, and, based on what the techie at Pierce told me, I started small and
moved up.  As it turned out, my stock SV ran great on an idle jet of .60 and
secondary idle jet of .55 (my old primary idle jet).  The sole stumbling I
encounter is if I corner in 3rd, don't downshift, lug the motor a bit, I
will get < one second of stumble, so no complaints!  Thanks all.

New problem- my gas gauge reads full to 8 gallons, even though I know I am
almost empty.  Float hanging up or electrical problem?  I got to find a gas
leak (heavy fuel smell and leak when full), so I might as well fix
everything at once.

You guys are the best!  And to think I was considering a TR-6!

Bill Mounce