[Autox] Current R compound choices

Warren kd4z at amsat.org
Thu Dec 10 13:15:45 MST 2009

It's been a long while since I turned a wheel on course (over 10 years) and am now tossing
around the idea to jump back in to play in AS for next season.   When I last paid attention to
such things, the BFG-R1 206 compound  was the hot ticket.   Yea, I just dated myself there...

What has risen to the top of the heap as far as DOT R compounds go now?  Is BFG still in
the "TeamTA" game?

Looking at the last Nats results, it appears that it might be the  Hoosier R6?

I'm looking at a 245/45-18 application for a Solstice GXP.

Warren Merkel
Atlanta Region