[Autox] No brake lights

ralph at nars.com ralph at nars.com
Sun May 16 14:43:02 MDT 2010

If it is similar (which I believe this is) to my '98 F150, it it the
connector to the MFS (Multi-Function Switch) - i.e turn signal switch.
I would bet that you have a tilt wheel in this vehicle.   There is a
known issue with the wiring harness to the switch is a _little_ too
short  and, as it ages, finally pulls out the the wires or breaks the
connector.  Pretty simple to diagnose, remove the cover ( OK that's a
little more work,)  and push the connector back in and taa-daa: brakes!
  I found that is not so simple to make it stay fixed.  Mine works fine
- until my wife uses the truck and tilts the wheel down.  Then it fix
time again...

-RALPH-