[British-cars] Non-LBC - glue floor coving seam

Brian Kemp bk13 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 27 09:11:24 MST 2010

Dwade - You didn't say how much the floor was coming up.  If just the
seam is open a little and the vinyl is still bonded to the subfloor,
Eric's recommendation is good.  If however, it is coming up and no
longer bonded to the subfloor, I recommend two steps, especially if the
edges are starting to curl - my situation a few years ago.

First I would clean out the crack well.  Then take some floor adhesive
and work it in the crack as much as you can.  Push down the floor to
squeeze out the extra amount and clean it up.  Then put down the wax
paper and weight it down.  I used a 1x2 directly over the seam and
stacked some weights on top.  If using something like the 1x2, you could
also just cover the floor side with packing tape instead of the wax
paper.  Let it sit for a few hours then clean up any additional adhesive
squeeze out.  I then covered/weighted mine again overnight to make sure
the edges stayed down .  I found a barely damp kitchen scrub sponge
worked well for cleaning up the Armstrong adhesive I used.

I would then follow up with a careful application of the seam sealer the
next day.

Brian