[Roadsters] starter--revisited

gsglasgow at comcast.net gsglasgow at comcast.net
Sat Oct 4 11:03:35 MDT 2008

I saw smoke that appeared to be coming up from between the carbs once. It turned out to be coming from the throttle cable, which was acting as the ground connection. Once I got the starter grounded correctly (and replaced the voltage regulator which had been smoked in the process) things worked fine.

Of course, I also then had to replace the throttle cable, since it had melted the plastic in the housing.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA

From: Tim <tputland at charter.net>