[Roadsters] grounded starter--different question

Tim tputland at charter.net
Sat Oct 18 11:20:53 MDT 2008

Once I got the starter grounded to the frame, she fired right up. And no, I never did run a ground strap from the positive lead into the starter, I just could not see any other bolts at that time. I was not really "looking" at the starter correctly--AGAIN, read the last line in my signature.

Here is my "different question":

Why is it that the car used to start, and quite easily, this past summer, with NO gound from the starter to the frame? Then once I had time to address the brakes last month, the starter would no longer turn the motor??

Thanks

Getting a little less clueless every day!

Tim
Belleville, WI.
'70 SPL AND SRL
Still clueless but always learning