[Roadsters] Rising Sun opinions

Steve Ehlers stevenehlers at charter.net
Tue Feb 3 21:09:41 MST 2009

To E Scanlon and others on the list ,

 I felt I had to at least throw my opinion in ,since many here do not
even know who I am or what my presence is
in the Roadster community . My short Bio to preface this issue follows .

 I started my shop Rising Sun Performance Inc.also known as Rising Sun
Motorsports and our  Race team Rising Sun Racing
( Not Scott Schellers endeavor ) back in 1979 . I own the Oldest and
Only Datsun / Nissan  Z car Specialty ,Restoration and
Race shop in  North Texas that also works with all Datsun ,Nissan ,and
Infiniti autos .I'm also the only Datsun shop that has
ever done Datsun Roadster Restoration , and the Only Z shop that has
even been a Real Datsun Race car shop in all this time
in the North Texas area  .

 So , When I named my Business , Back in '79 ,I didn't really concern
myself about my image ,but what the mark stood for .
Since I only worked on 1 kind of car ,and Japanese it was ,the name
association was a given . Did I concern my self with
what old WW 2  Veterans would think ? No . Did it matter ? Not that I
could see after 29 years . Have I lost business as the
result of what I named the Shop ? Who knows . At this point if it
matters to anybody ,and they Drive a Japanese car ,Give
me a Break !

Steve Ehlers
www.risingsunperformance