[Roadsters] To Chrome or Not to Chrome, That Is The Question

Ron Hamilton fj201 at cox.net
Wed Oct 28 10:25:20 MST 2009

Given the EPA regulation of the plating industry, you now have 2
options, USA and high prices or south of the border and take your
chances. The platers (and yes I know they use toxic material) are now
responsible for recycling all the waste, including liquids with NO
disposal allowed unless it is safe . Here in AZ plating has gone through
the roof  in cost from a commercial point of view. Then there is the
cost of  anodes of plating material ( went sky high too) and electricity
etc. You think chrome is expensive, try mil spec plating!!!