[Roadsters] Body/frame alignment question

Mike Harper roadsterdude1600 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 08:04:32 MST 2010

Same thing happened on my '66 1600 (no replaced quarter panels).  I did loosen
the bolts, slightly jacked the body up and "persuaded" it to the passenger
side using a wooden block and a sledge hammer.  Got about 1/4" out of that
effort, but enough to help.  Be careful that you do not interfere with any
fuel or brake lines, and good luck.  Elongating the bolt holes a bit might
improve the results.  Of course you could always "roll" the flares a bit for
clearance, but my big problem was the tire rubbing inside the top of the wheel
well over bumps.

Mike Harper, CAI, AARE
Harper Auction & Realty
843-729-4996