[Roadsters] Classic Motorsports calendar, beaut 69 2000 shot

SHANNON F DAUGHERTY sfdaugherty01 at msn.com
Thu Dec 8 09:24:25 MST 2011

That is one of my cars.  I didn't know until I read this thread that it
actually made it into the calendar.  I have to admit that there are much nicer
cars than mine.  The difference is that Zach Mayne, the guy who took the
photo, is a professional photographer.  He can make anything look good.

The photo was taken in October near the Sandia Crest in New Mexico during a
three roadster drive up the mountain (Zach's brother Jeremy has a 70 1600
stroker).

The photo was also submitted to the 311s.org calendar that is due out late
this week (I don't know if it received enough votes to make it into that
calendar).  A different photo of this car and my Dad's 68 1600 together is in
Zach Mayne's own calendar "Classic Cars" for the month of October at this link
:

http://www.lulu.com/product/calendar/classic-cars-2012/18589412?productTracki
ngContext=search_results/search_shelf/center/2

Dave is right about the wheels.  I searched for some time to find a set of 16"
wheels for my 68 SR20.  When these arrived, I put them on the 69 to see how
they looked and fit since my SR20 conversion wasn't complete.  I liked them so
much that I never took them off and bought another set for my SR20.  Not only
do they fit inside the fenders, the center caps fit over the front hubs.

I'm going to have to buy this calendar from Classic Motorsports!

Shannon