[Roadsters] Stuck horn button

Michael Knorr mhknorr at msn.com
Thu Jun 21 17:30:16 MDT 2012

Thanks for your comments about my SPL's stuck horn button. Turns out, today
with the car in an open parking lot, the temperature reaching high 90s unstuck
the button. I plugged the two horns back in, and they work fine. Gary's and
Cindy's advice about slicing surgical tubing to make a gasket ring scared hell
out of me. Myers-Briggs says I'm a big picture person, not a detail type. From
now on, when I face the dreaded annual safety inspection, I just plan to put a
big sign on the steering wheel that says, "Press the chrome part of the horn
button, NOT the plastic part."
Regards, Michael Knorr
1966 SPL311-03639