[Roadsters] New to the List

Paul Courson cour.jpeg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 02:25:18 MDT 2012

Hi Jim, we've got a Gonzaga here in Washington DC but I don't think
they have a doctoral program (it's a high school), so I presume you're
in the Pacific NW somewhere. That's a fertile territory to find an
example of a 311 that is closer to being ready.  You haven't said what
"not in working condition" means, but some of the best advice that has
come along in recent years is to get the car safe and running and just
drive it around for a while, like you would a beater.  Is it anywhere
near THAT level of function?  Doesn't have to look good or even be
100%, and there's a lot of satisfaction taking that road & wrench
experience to the car you eventually get.

I'm on my sixth, and happy with this particular one after sorting it
out about 20 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVeUUTQNOdY

Best wishes,

Paul

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 5:04 PM,  <jim.jones90 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to this list and a Datsun Roadster owner (although it is not in
working condition yet). I purchased a '69 1600 several years ago with the
intent of restoring it. I think I am like many folks out there who end up
biting off more than they can chew! I am working on my PhD at Gonzaga and
working full time, I thought it would be a great project for some downtime but
have never had enough down time to dig into it.

> I am looking at selling the car or trading it for a roadster that has
already been restored. Is anyone interested or have any suggestions for me?