[Fot] TR4 IRS rear axles

toodamnfunky at comcast.net toodamnfunky at comcast.net
Fri Sep 30 17:04:40 MDT 2011

I don't think there is anything wrong with the stock axles. Some have said you
can get spline lock

but it's never happened to me. I kept them well greased. Maybe more of a
problem with the TR6.

The hubs for sure should be replaced.

It's a single point failure that could destroy the car. Ask Tony about
throwing a rear wheel at speed.

I was more worried about trapping one in the wheel well.B

I went for the whole hub & CV conversion which is pure artwork and an easy
installation.

jim g