[Fot] Kastner Cup 2015

BillDentin at aol.com BillDentin at aol.com
Thu Feb 6 08:10:38 MST 2014

Subject: Re: [Fot] Kastner Cup 2015
<<< From: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel at sbcglobal.net>
To: Sam Halkias <atr6racer at hotmail.com>,Joe Alexander <n197tr4 at cs.com>
CC: Fot <fot at autox.team.net>

I may be wrong, but from the article I read about the Vintage race at Indy,
it is not on either of the road course but on the oval only. Can't believe
it would be very interesting. I understand that it would be neat to race on
the oval, but not very technically interesting. B >>>

Amici...

While I have never raced at Indy, I have done laps there on the oval on
three different occasions.  For my take...I was amazed at how narrow it was,
and also how steep the turns are banked, compared to the way it comes across
watching races on TV.  IMHO...putting a whole bunch of amateur road racers
out on that oval in competition would be a BIG mistake.

Allowing vintage races on the Indy road course strikes me as a much better
idea.  While I never raced on it, Bob Wismer and I walked the road coarse
when they were building it.  It's fine, parts are even interesting, but it
does not hold a candle to the road courses we are used to. It has all of the
elevation changes of a frozen lake.

Bill Dentinger