[Fot] Turbocharger

robert bownes bownes at web9.com
Mon Jun 30 21:05:45 MDT 2014

I started to put all the math down on paper, but it boils down to the turbo
doesn't generate enough pressure to pressurize the reservoir with enough
air, and, in order to move enough air, you need a fairly large opening from
the reservoir (remember, it is slowed down by smaller pipes), and some
decent pressure inside the reservoir. The turbo only generates what the
engine needs (unless you are opening the pop off valve...) Thus, the turbo
would have to either generate more pressure than you use (the excess goes
into the reservoir), or you would have to run the turbo without using any
boost to fill the reservoir (aka a compressor).

TANSTAAFL.

A pretty decent explanation can be found here:

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/turbo/turboflow.html